Sunday, October 25, 2015

Something Indecisive

I can't believe that it's almost been a year since I've blogged. The funniest part about that is that I have had so much to talk about. Between completing my first year of college, making awesome friends, travelling, and having amazing experiences I think I just got caught up in what was happening. Like I said in a previous excuse, I haven't really had a lot of time to collect my thoughts like I used to, I have been busy doing so many things.

That being said, I'm not really sure how much I need to take the time to think and vent like I did when I originally started this blog. I was in a very interesting place in my life. My best friend hated me and I was about to go to college, a really interesting combination. Through my time in college, as cheesy as it sounds, I really learned a lot about myself. I realized how much of an impact thinking positively has been. I realized that there are so many opportunities in the world. I realized that I am just getting started.

All the time in college you are told to do as much as you possibly can, sometimes you do it because you know it will look good on a resumé, sometimes you do it because you want to meet new people, and sometimes, you do it for yourself. When you're not being told to make the most of your time in college, you're being told to think of what to do with your future. As a double major in Political Science and French and a minor in Statistics this often indirectly comes in the form of, "so...what do you want to do with that?" Most of the time I just tell people I'm going to law school because that's what political science majors do and I am too afraid to tell them that I really do not know. I might end up going to law school one day, I might work on Captiol Hill, I might work in Student Affairs at a University, who knows?

Recently, I've noticed a lot more things telling people to focus on the journey they're on rather than the destination. I am clearly a person who has been focusing on the journey. I've gotten involved in so many amazing organizations on and off campus and I've been having a great time. Unfortunately, I know that my journey at my college will be coming to an end in a few years and I have to do something after that. I have no clue what the next destination is, which makes enjoying the journey a little difficult for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment